- Post period end, on 17 July 2023, the Company issued 1,200,000 shares to the Lunn Family Trust in place of the US$500,000 cash consideration due in respect of the acquisition of the 6.25% interest in Block3B/4B from the Lunn Family Trust as previously announced on 27 June 2022.
- On 11 July 2023, the Company signed a legally binding Letter of Intent with Africa Oil to farm out a 6.25% Participating Interest in Block 3B/4B, offshore South Africa for up to US$10.5 million in cash. On 14 August 2023, the parties signed the final Assignment and Transfer agreement. Additional US$2.5m cash consideration is expected to be received upon Government of SA approval of the transfer, with the initial consideration of US$2.5m already having been received.
- In March 2023, Africa Oil released a New Competent Person’s Resource Report confirming that the Block contains an estimated P50 Prospective Resources of approximately four billion barrels of oil equivalent (“BOE”), one Billion BOE net to Eco Atlantic prior to the sale of the aforementioned Participating Interest which is expected to complete shortly.
- The JV partners continue to progress plans to conduct a two-well campaign on the Block in conjunction with progressing the collaborative farm out process, up to 55% gross working interest, with various potential parties.
- On 15 November 2022, a Production Right Application to the Petroleum Agency of South Africa, for Block 2B, based on the existing oil discovery of AJ-1 and potential future operations was submitted by the JV Partners.
- Eco continues to believe that Block 2B contains considerable hydrocarbon resources and looks forward to providing further updates as the Company looks to deliver value from the licence for all stakeholders.
- Following the significant drilling success in the area, Eco continues to receive third party interest in its strategic acreage position offshore Namibia.
- The Company continues to assess farm out opportunities with its four licences in the region as it considers options for progressing exploration and commercial activity on its acreage.
Gil Holzman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Eco Atlantic, commented:
‘Our Q1 results serve as an important opportunity to remind investors of the strategic work which is happening across all areas of the portfolio. Recently announced deals in both South Africa and Guyana are examples of the team’s efforts to position the portfolio to continue creating high-impact catalysts for investors. I am excited for the future and look forward to progressing our work programmes across our entire Atlantic Margin portfolio.’