The Government of Uganda (GOU) through the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development has issued the bidding document to the 16 Qualified Applicants which were successful following the evaluation of applications from 19 companies that had applied in the Request for Qualification stage.
The bidding document comprise of Request for Proposal, Model Production Sharing Agreement 2015 (MPSA), Model Confidentiality Agreement for sale of data, Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) (Data Sale) Regulations 2014 and Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) (Data Sale) (Amendment), Regulations 2015.
According to Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Energy & Mineral Development (MEMD) Dr. F.A Kabagambe-Kaliisa the issuance of the bid document marks the commencement of the Request for Proposal stage which entails bidding and competitive process of the licensing round.
The bidding and competitive process will close on 15th January 2016 with submission of bids.
Kabagambe-Kaliisa adds that Uganda will proceed to evaluate the bids, negotiate with successful bidders, sign Production Sharing Agreements and award exploration, development and production licenses thus marking the end of the licensing round..
The 16 Qualified Applicants are:
- African Global Resources (JV comprising of Telconet Capital Limited, RT-Global Resources LLC and JSC Tatneft),Russia
- Petrica Energy AS, Norway
- Armour Energy Limited, Australia
- Oranto Petroleum International Limited, Nigeria
- Tullow Uganda Operations Pty Limited, Ireland
- Rift Energy Uganda Limited, Canada
- African Exploration Venture (JV comprising of Rapid Africa Energy Pty Limited and Africa Energy SA Corp), South Africa
- Niger Delta Petroleum Resources Limited, Nigeria
- Glint Energy, LLC, USA
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Videsh Limited, India
- SASOL Exploration and Production International Limited, South Africa
- Brightoil Petroleum (Uganda) Limited, Hong Kong/China
- Petoil (Uganda) Limited, Turkey
- Swala Energy (Uganda) Limited, Australia
- Waltersmith Petroman Oil Limited, Nigeria
- MDC Oil and Gas Holding Company, LLC, United Arab Emirates