fbpx

AfDB Approves $379.6M Desert to Power financing facility for the G5 Sahel countries

The Board of Directors of the African Development Bank Group has approved the Desert to Power G5 Sahel Financing Facility, covering Burkina Faso, Chad, Mali, Mauritania, and Niger. The Bank envisages … Read More

SOUTH AFRICA: Magnora Acquires Project Rights of more than 1700 MW Wind and Solar PV projects

Magnora is increasing its focus in the South African solar and wind market by acquiring 92% of the renewable project development company African Green Ventures (AGV). The remaining 8% will be owned by AGV … Read More

Africa “Silent” as Global Oil and Gas investments Expand to Hit $628 billion – Rystad Energy

Global oil and gas investments will expand by $26 billion this year as the industry continues its protracted recovery from the worst of the pandemic and the hurdles imposed by … Read More

EGYPT:Siemens Gamesa Delivers 250 MW of Energy at the West Bakr Wind farm

Erection and commissioning of 96 SG 2.6-114 wind turbines in less than 10 months; Long term maintenance provided through a 15-year service agreement; Generation of 1,000 GWh per year increasing … Read More

South Africa: Mainstream Projects to Deliver 1.27gw of New Clean Power

Global wind and solar company, Mainstream Renewable Power, today announces that 12 of its projects have won preferred bidder status in Round 5 of South Africa’s Renewable Energy Independent Power … Read More

Renewables supplied only a third of Africa’s electricity demand growth

An analysis of global electricity revealed that wind and solar showed resilient growth in 2020 despite the pandemic, forcing a record fall in global coal power. The Global Electricity Review … Read More

Energy Storage to Enable the Continued Growth of Renewables in Kenya

By Michael Ball, Project Development Manager for Africa and Europe, Wärtsilä According to the government’s power development plans, the next decade will see many new solar PV and wind power … Read More

Magnora ASA Accelerates Growth with a Project Portfolio Pipeline of net 1 GW Potential Solar PV & Onshore Wind

Renewable energy development company Magnora ASA has entered into agreements to acquire 100 percent of the shares in a South African company with a 775 MW greenfield renewable development portfolio. … Read More

Are African Development Bank (AfDB)’s financing policies climate-friendly?

(By Wangeci Migwi, Amy Giliam and Nicole Rodel) With the climate crisis threatening over half of the global GDP, there can be no business-as-usual when the world begins to plan … Read More

Select your currency
USD United States (US) dollar
Need more info? Just Whatsapp me!!