Orion Group which has roles including: Oil and Gas recruitment, mining, power and utilities among others gas has advertised for a deputy manager position based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The deputy GM will be in charge of overall operational delivery (EHS, cost, schedule) and “Technical” Leader for the Kenya Business Unit and provide internal and external leadership for all the Kenya Business Unit operational and project activities across all its locations.
The position holder is also the overall head in the country responsible for the establishment of a planned/controlled, sustainable and growing business in Kenya through exploration, development, production and new business activities.
The deputy GM is also responsible for delivery on all key operational and time/cost KPI targets for 2D and 3D seismic acquisition and E&A drilling, run Business Unit operational planning across exploration, development and logistics inclusive of functional requirements such as Supply Chain.
Orion says the Kenyan boss will also ensure that as the country expands its set priorities the job holder assigns resources and set rules-of-the-game for operational excellence and efficiencies.
Other roles include:
- Provides unifying leadership to all operational and technical Business Unit staff in all locations
- Leads the establishment of a very strong EHS culture, standards and performance for the asset.
- Responsible for ensuring that the business unit development is sustainable with respect to delivering our localisation and people development targets, social enterprise initiatives with the local supply chain.
- Maintain corporate compliance and the integrity of all operations within our policy standards.
- As Kenya expands set priorities,
- Implement a hierarchy of operational planning detail from 7-14 day through to annual.
On the business side the deputy GM will be accountable for the development and delivery of the Kenya Business Unit business strategy and annual performance targets, the senior operational and upstream technical manager of company and within the Kenya Leadership Team, oversee the in-country execution of the exploration, appraisal, development and production activities following corporate EH&S guidelines and IMS standards, build and develop a fit for purpose organisation to ensure adequate resources are available to deliver operational plans for the short and long term.
Above all he or she will be accountable for the overall company work program and budget delivery in-country.
On skills & experience the deputy manger has to demonstrate thorough knowledge of onshore operations with local communities’ management and social performance Management of a significant profit centre business being mandatory.
- Experience of managing a significant and successful operational and commercial enterprise in a developing country(s)
- Proven business leader of a multi-discipline and cultural organisation
- Familiar with large asset operations/logistics
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills
- Proven negotiation and commercial skills
With 40 offices worldwide, Orion Group operates internationally and in October 2013, were named the UK’s number one for Oil & Gas recruitment.