The Geothermal Development Corporation (GDC) Board of Directors has re-organized senior management positions to enhance efficiency and service delivery. With effect from 20th August 2016, the GDC Board of Directors has abolished General Manager Positions in the old GDC Corporate organizational structure and created a new structure.
The new structure has 7 divisions: Company Secretary; Strategy, Research & Innovation; Corporate Services; Human Resources & Administration; Geothermal Resource Development; Drilling & Infrastructure; and Finance. The changes in the new structure do not affect managers’ positions.
These new positions will be advertised in the local dailies and shall be filled competitively. In the interim, the following have been appointed in acting capacity:
- Mr. Paul Ngugi, Ag. General Manager, Strategy, Research & Innovation
- Mr. Christopher Leparan, Ag. General Manager, Corporate Services
- Ms. Irene Onyambu, Ag. General Manager, Human Resources & Administration
- Mr. John Lagat, Ag. General Manager, Geothermal Resource Development
- Mr. Cornel Ofwona, Ag. General Manager, Drilling & Infrastructure,
- Mr. Godfrey Shitsama, Ag. General Manager, Finance
The Geothermal Development Company (GDC) is set to offer joint oil and gas drilling services in Kenya and the region the first of its kind partnership with the National Oil Corporation of Kenya to jointly bid and undertake drilling activities by leveraging on their individual and collective technical expertise.