This coming decade will be defined by three historic, global challenges: building a resilient recovery from the devastating COVID-19 pandemic; achieving the UN goal of universal access to energy for all populations; and charting an ambitious course – at COP26 and beyond – for tackling the threat we all face from the climate emergency.
Today’s oil and gas sector faces the toughest of operating environments, but the ingenuity of its people, its engineering capabilities and innovative spirit will all be pivotal in rising to these global challenges.
As the sector’s leaders and influencers gather virtually for IP Week 2021, for a programme uniquely convened and curated by the Energy Institute’s industry experts, this remains the pre-eminent international event for building collaboration between industry, government and society.
The urgency of action, together with the associated risks and opportunities in geographies around the world, will be at the heart of an unmissable week’s agenda.
Energy Institute are offering Oil News Afrika subscribers 20% off the published price. Please use promo code ONAIP20 when booking to take advantage. Oil News Afrika is also offering a free delegate pass to one of our readers, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confirmed speakers include:
- Bernard Looney CEng FREng FEI, CEO, BP
- Anders Opedal, CEO, Equinor
- Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Total
- Ryan Lance, Chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips
- Nigel Topping, High Level Climate Action Champion, UNFCCC COP26
- HE Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, Secretary General, OPEC
- Dr Fatih Birol HonFEI, Executive Director, IEA
- William Pollen, Director, Invest In Africa
- Megan Euston-Brown, Director, Sustainable Energy Africa
- Ntinda Kondjeni, Projects Officer, Centre for Oil and Gas, Namibia Energy Institute, Namibia University of Science and Technology
- Keshia Senwelo Keipeile, Principal Energy Officer-Modelling and Statistics, Department of Energy Botswana and Secretary, The Botswana National Committee
- Amy Jadesimi, Managing Director, LADOL
- Colette Hirstius, VP Exploration Africa & Middle East, Shell
- Engr Anthony Attah, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Nigeria LNG
- Katherine Roe, Chief Executive, Wentworth Resources
- Tracy Lothian, Senior Vice President, LNG, ExxonMobil
- Giovanni Serio, Global Head of Research, Vitol
- Dr Leila R Benali, Chief Economist, Energy Economics, Strategy & Sustainability, APICORP
- Wael Sawan, Upstream Director, Shell
- Reem Abdullah Al-Ghanim, Head of HR & Support Services – Chemicals Business, Saudi Aramco
- Guido Brusco, Upstream Director, Eni
- Dr Angela Wilkinson, Secretary General, World Energy Council
- Dr Ivan D Ivanov, Team Lead, Occupational and Workplace Health, Environment, Climate Change and Health Department, Division of Healthier Populations, World Health Organization (WHO)
Topics explored include:
- Climate emergency and the pandemic aftershock – opportunities out of the crisis?
- The geopolitics of energy transformation
- Reinventing the energy industry in response to climate change and COVID-19
- Pathways for accelerating the low carbon transition
- Exploring the transport industry journey to net zero
- Asia’s pathway to a low carbon future
- Sub-Saharan Africa’s sustainable growth and development: its roadmap and progress towards low carbon
Book your place to one of the biggest events in the energy sector and get together virtually with over 1,500 industry professionals from over all over the world, to hear the latest news and updates, debate key issues, and network to form new partnerships.