Tullow Kenya BV is a subsidiary of Tullow Oil Plc, Africa’s leading independent oil & gas exploration and production Company.
Following completion of some of its various explorations across its licenses in Kenya, the Company is embarking on an Early Oil Pilot Scheme (EOPS) and wishes to engage experienced Kenyan registered logistics companies to provide insulated tank containers.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work entails leasing of over 100 insulated containers (tanktainers) to be used to transport crude oil in country.
The supplied tanktainers must comply with the following minimum specifications:
- Designed & Certified to carry hazardous fluids with temperatures up to 130 Degrees C
- Designed for Maximum Allowable Working Pressure (MAWP) of 4 bar
- Minimum of 25000 litres fluid capacity
- Pressure Vessel: ASME Section VIII Div 1 or BS/CEN Equivalent
- Tanktainer: ISO T11 standard · Steam coils for heating to a minimum of 130 degrees C
- Insulation sufficient to ensure a maximum of 4 degrees C average heat loss per day over a five day period
- Crude Characteristics:
Specific heat capacity range : 2.0 – 2.2 KJ/Kg°C
Density range : 830 – 880 kg/m³
Ambient temperature : 20°C
Conservative values in this range are to be used for calculation purposes.
- ISO/IMO compliant lifting points.
Companies interested in supplying such tanktainers on a lease basis for up to two (2) years are requested to submit their expression of interest accompanied by respective copies of the following listed documents, in addition to all other appropriate documentation to support their application:
- Company registration certificate
- VAT registration certificate
- PIN registration certificate
- Tax compliance certificate
- Evidence of having supplied equivalent tanktainers and associated period
- If acting as a local agent, evidence of agreement with manufacturer to supply products in Kenya
- Proposed Tanktainers Designed & Certified to carry hazardous fluids with temperatures up to 130 Degrees C
- Details of Proposed Tanktainers with a Minimum of 25000 litres fluid capacity, including technical specifications, drawings and photographs
- Delivery Time Ex Works
- Company EHS Policy
Incomplete submissions shall be disqualified.
The completed documents should be submitted in plain sealed envelopes, clearly marked in Bold Letters as below:
“EOI: Provision of Tanktainers” not later than 1700hrs on 26th October 2016.
The applications should be addressed to:
Tullow Kenya B.V.,
West End Towers, Waiyaki Way,
P.O. Box 63298, 00619,