Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) in collaboration with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMO), through the Technical Committee (UNBS/ TC 16/ SC2) is developing Standards for the oil and gas upstream equipment and materials. The committee has completed discussions and adopted the following draft standards.
- DUS ISO 21457:2010- Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries Materials selection and corrosion control for oil and gas production systems.
2. DUS ISO 10416:2008- Petroleum and natural gas industries- Drilling fluids Laboratory testing.
3. DUS ISO 13501:2011- Petroleum and natural gas industries- Drilling fluids Processing equipment evaluation.
4. DUS ISO 10426-4:2004- Petroleum and natural gas industries- Cements and materials for well cementing – Part 4: Preparation and testing of foamed cement slurries at atmospheric pressure.
5. DUS ISO 10426-5: Petroleum and natural gas industries- Cements and materials for well cementing – Part 5: Determination of shrinkage and expansion of well cement formulations at atmospheric pressure.
6. DUS ISO 10427-3:2003- Petroleum and natural gas industries- Equipment for well cementing – Part 3: Performance testing of cementing float equipment.
7. DUS ISO 13680:2010- Petroleum and natural gas industries- Corrosionresistant alloy seamless tubes for use as casing, tubing and coupling stock – Technical delivery conditions.
8. DUS ISO 10427-1:2001- Petroleum and natural gas industries- Equipment for well cementing – Part 1: Casing bow-spring centralizers.
- DUS ISO 10427-2:2004- Petroleum and natural gas industries– Equipment for well cementing – Part 2: Centralizer placement and stop-collar testing.
10. DUS ISO 13503-1:2011- Petroleum and natural gas industries- Completion fluids and materials – Part 1: Measurement of viscous properties of completion fluids.
11. DUS ISO 13503-3:2005- Petroleum and natural gas Industries- Completion fluids and materials -Part 3: Testing of heavy brines.
12. DUS ISO 13503-4:2006- Petroleum and natural gas industries- Completion fluids and materials – Part 4: Procedure for measuring stimulation and gravelpack fluid leak-off under static conditions.
- DUS ISO 13503-6:2014- Petroleum and natural gas industries- Completion
fluids and materials – Part 6: Procedure for measuring leak-off of completion
fluids under dynamic conditions
The draft standards are International Standards (ISO) being proposed for adoption as Uganda Standards. They are now being presented to the general public to provide comments on their suitability for implementation. Persons who would like to access copies of the drafts may obtain them from the UNBS Information and Resource Centre at Standards House Bweyogerere.
The committee would be glad to receive comments on these draft standards to be submitted from 25th September, 2015 to 25th October 2015. It would be appreciated that those with no specific comments to make and find the Draft Uganda Standards generally acceptable to notify UNBS accordingly.
Detailed comments may be provided on the attached comments sheets, identifying the number of the clause to which they refer. Suggestions entailing revision of the text should indicate the preferred wording.
Looking forward to your continued cooperation
UGANDA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STANDARDS
MANAGER, STANDARDS DEPARTMENT