Tullow Kenya BV is a subsidiary of Tullow Oil Plc, Africa’s leading independent oil & gas exploration and production Company.
Following completion of some of its various explorations across its licenses in Kenya, the Company is embarking on an Early Oil Pilot Scheme (EOPS) and wishes to engage experienced Kenyan registered logistics companies for the provision of crude oil transportation by road.
Scope of Work:
The scope of work entails trucking of crude oil in insulated containers to be provided by the Company from an Early Production Facility (EPF), located near Lokichar in Turkana County, to storage at the Kenya Petroleum Refineries in Changamwe, Mombasa .
Each prospective service provider shall be required to comply with all applicable Kenyan and Company regulations and all trucks contracted to perform the crude oil transportation shall comply with the following minimum specifications:
- The trucks must have the necessary commodity transportation licenses as mandated by the Kenyan Law to transport hazardous goods including
- ERC license.
- Trucks and trailers will be no more than 5 years in age at the commencement of the contract.
- Trucks will be fitted with cadence braking systems.
- Trailers will be fitted with spare wheels.
- Trucks will be fitted with an approved in vehicle monitoring system with GPRS reporting.
- Trucks will be equipped with road side emergency kits (warning triangles, fire extinguishers, tow bars, first aid kits, flash & warning lights)
- Contractor will provide Tier 1 spill kits with each truck and arrange/provide tier 2 spill response and emergency response along the route.
- Convoy lead and rear trucks will be fitted with VHF radios
- Trucks & trailers will be fit for purpose and inspected by the TKBV prior to use on the project and routinely throughout the contract. Trucks and trailers found to be unacceptable will be replaced immediately by the trucking contractor at its cost
- Contractor will provide sufficient qualified drivers with appropriate experience, qualifications and licenses to transport hazardous goods in compliance with Kenyan Legislation and ERC regulations.
Companies interested in supplying this service must be committed to delivering a high level of local content through subcontracting in the area of operation as well as support capacity building through provision of a driver training programme.
Companies interested in participating in the tender are requested to submit their expression of interest accompanied by respective copies of the following listed documents, in addition to all other appropriate documentation to support their application:
- Company registration certificate
- VAT registration certificate
- PIN registration certificate
- Tax compliance certificate
- CR12 certificate
Additionally the interested firms are required to provide a company profile clearly indicating the following:
- Evidence of >3 years transportation experience in Kenya
- Evidence of >2 years experience of transporting hazardous and high value freight in Kenya or East Africa
- Evidence of financial capability and credit lines
- List of availability of competent resources to deliver the Scope of Works including assets and key personnel
- List of owned assets
- A copy of your Company Environment, Health and Safety Policy
- Copy of company emergency response procedure
- Road Traffic Accident statistics for your company from the past 2 years
- Details of driver training program
- Details of driver performance management policy
Incomplete submissions shall be disqualified.
The completed documents should be submitted in plain sealed envelopes, clearly marked in Bold Letters as below:
“EOI: Provision of Trucking Services” not later than 1700hrs on 28th October 2016.
The applications should be addressed to:
Tullow Kenya B.V.,
West End Towers, Waiyaki Way,
P.O. Box 63298, 00619,